Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Little Redneck…

Cowboy Ava

This has been the first weekend we haven’t had anything to do in a long time. L Bird had to work so it’s just me and A Bird for the morning, which always leads to a trip to Michael’s Crafts. So we loaded up and headed into town, but on the way to Michael’s I realized that I am raising a little redneck.

I know it is all because of my choice in music. I’m pretty eclectic when it comes to music, I listen to everything. I like jazz, blues, R & B, hip-hop, rap, pop music, classic rock, everything, but what I listen to the most is country music. It is the only thing I play in the car if A Bird is with me. I like the rough and rowdy, blue collar feel to country music and I think it is the least offensive music genre for little kids without listening to Barney or Clifford The Big Red Dog sing-a-long cd’s.

This morning as we were driving and singing to the radio, I noticed which songs A Bird was singing the loudest to and knew the most words to. I was a little surprised to listen to her belt out the words to “One More Drinking Song” and “Am I the only one?” Basically both songs are about drinking beer and having a good time. She knows every damn word of these two, then the other ones she belts out are anything by Sugarland, Miranda Lambert, or Carrie Underwood. If it’s a woman scorn/revenge song she knows the whole thing.

In between songs she tells me that she wants to go see a concert with any of the above mentioned ladies, then in the next breath she tells me that when she grows up she is going to be a singer on the stage and sing new Carrie Underwood songs that she made up. So I encourage her and turn it up and let her sing her heart out. I notice how she tries to copy the tone and inflection of the words and if she doesn’t know the words she lustily sings her own words which can lead to some pretty interesting verses.

So here’s to my little redneck, may all her country dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...