Sunday, September 22, 2013

Starting Out…

This weekend was pretty crazy as usual, it seems like we have somewhere to go every day of the week and this weekend wasn’t any different, but one of the nice things we got to do was to go over for pizza at my youngest brother’s new place. He is nineteen and he made the decision to move out from my parents and get a place with his girlfriend Megan. They really lucked out and through a family connection ended up with not just an apartment, but a whole house a nice size lot in the country, not bad at all for a first place. In fact, Aaron’s first place is nicer than my first 4 apartments and better furnished lol. I remember how big a step it was to make that first move from my parent’s house and how I nervous I was. I’m sure he is nervous too, but he isn’t showing it yet. I’m proud of him for making that first step to true adulthood and managing his life.
Aaron
Here he is with the girls, he looks pretty relaxed, right?
I am relieved that he found such a nice place and didn’t have to go through what I went through. I have always been stubborn and always did things my way even if that made my life harder than it needed to be. I have lived in some pretty shady places, scraping by and living on furniture that we found on the curb. Hell, I lived in a camper in the middle of nowhere without electricity or running water for 6 months. I have fed myself dinner by making the rounds at Wegmans and Tops for the free samples, if you ever find yourself in that position they sample givers normally start to get suspicious of you around round 3 lol, then its time to find another fishing spot. But even though my life hasn’t been exactly easy I did learn a lot from those years of living rough and it is that advice that I will pass on to Aaron in person. I don’t want to get into it on here because there are too many things I’ve learned through embarrassing moments that don’t need to be made public.
But one thing I will share is that you can weather the greatest storms in life if you have the love of a good woman. Lean on each other and know that all things seem to work themselves out for the better even if you can’t see it when you are going through hell. I have gone through so much and always made it through because L Bird was by my side and when we had nothing we still had love. Love you L Bird.
1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...