Friday, April 8, 2011

Trying to catch up…

It has been a long couple of weeks. The end of last week, I was down in Nashville, TN on business and that was a whirl wind trip, but luckily for me I got to travel with friends from work. It was a typical business trip for me, work hard during the day, meet people and network, then once the day is done its time to play hard.

A couple of the highlights were going to BB King’s bar and having a blast. Too much of a blast for some of us, because one of our party who will remain nameless was turned away from our next stop, The Wildhorse Saloon. In fact, he actually was told “walk it off, buddy” by the bouncer. It was classic. But it was cool, we made it into The Wildhorse the next night, which I wasn’t entirely too impressed with. I also took in my first NHL game and watched the Detroit Red Wings beat the Nashville Predators in overtime. The game was pretty cool, but watching this guy in front of us was awesome. He had a personalized jersey that said “Clean Gene” and he was insanely into supporting his team. He was doing all sorts of hand signals, yelling at the refs, dancing and just generally being a freak. Then the trip wrapped up with one of our flights being cancelled and us spending a 10 hour layover at O’hare Airport in Chicago.

Once I was finally home I was completely exhausted. I took Monday off because I got in so late Sunday night. It was nice to spend time with my girls, but I was pretty worthless. I just wanted to sit and veg out. So Tuesday came and I was swamped with the day to day work that had been piling up while I was out. So the rest of  this week has been playing catch up both at work and home.

So it has been lots of work at work and lots of quality time with A Bird. Which means watching Tangled for the hundredth time, playing “safari pirates” outside on the play set, and having tea parties with apples and apple juice. For those of you that have never played “safari pirates” it goes like this. A Bird climbs her play set and looks through the telescope and spies her “treasure”  i.e. bird feathers, pine cones, rocks etc. Then I help her down and run behind her with her “discovery bucket”. She then picks up whatever her treasure is and puts it in her bucket. Then its my job to guard the “treasure” from Linus. So I actually have no idea where the “safari” comes into “safari pirates”, it all just sounds like plain old pirates to me. But anyway, its still all good and worth all of the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...