Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a weekend…

This weekend turned out to be busier than I had originally had planned. It was definitely more ups than downs, but it was more good than bad.

It started out Saturday night with going out with the Goof Troop and some family to Sakura, the Japanese Hibachi restaurant. It was a little pricey but man was it fun. There were ten of us sitting around the hibachi catching food and lots and lots of sake in our mouths. The food was fantastic, our chef was great  and there were lots of dirty jokes had by all about catching things in their mouths. It was awesome. Then the Goof Troop came back to our house for a few drinks and everybody had a nice time.

Then today came and things started off pretty good. Captain Insano stopped by with a truck load of wood for me. Then we hung out and talked gardens, growing coffee, goats and a ton of other stuff. I know, I’m turning into a hillbilly, right? Then the Captain left so I bottled up my Maibock that I had been patiently waiting for, the day is still going great. Then the day decided to throw up on me, well Roxy threw up anyway.

Roxy

Roxy is getting up there in years, she is twelve and really starting to slow down. So she threw up a few times, but she occasionally has done that. It’s a pain in the butt to clean up but normally she feels better. So we watched her all afternoon and she had a few more incidents, but she seemed to be going longer in between them so I thought she was on the mend.

So I ran out to the gas station because my tire pressure light had come on. I started to fill the tire and I noticed I could hear air coming out and located a small pin hole in the tire. It was small enough so I figured  I could use a can of fix a flat to stop the leak. I go in and buy a can and put it in and drive slow around the parking lot and then top up the tire with some air. My tire pressure light goes off and I think everything is good. Then L Bird calls me and says that Roxy threw up again and there was a little blood in it. Great! So I have her call the vet and see what she says and I start out for home. I’m almost home and my tire pressure light comes on again right as L Bird calls me. The vet gave us some instructions and told us to watch Roxy, so that crisis is temporarily on hold, but my tire pressure light is still on. I pull over and get out to check the tire and I can hear air rushing out of the tire, the fix a flat didn’t help. I was about 100 yards from a flat pull off, so I limp the car to pull off and spend the next half hour changing my tire.

So that just rounded out my afternoon, but it didn’t ruin it. I got home and went out and enjoyed the weather. I found a good spot to plant some horseradish and planted 5 roots. It just has been one of those exhausting weekends, but it has been more good than bad, so I’ll take it. Hope you enjoy the rest of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...