Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blogging is tough…

For those of you who read Life As Naps, you may have noticed that my posts have been quite few and far between lately. I am slightly introverted and a private person by  nature so blogging has always been a struggle for me but I did it because it was an outlet to get some of these crazy thoughts out of my head. Then people started reading it and started telling me that they read it, and instantly I was a self conscious teenager again measuring everything I said because I was afraid of what people would think of me.

So I go back and forth, I love to blog and get things off my chest and out there, but then I find myself fighting, well myself and deleting entire written posts because I don’t want to offend anyone with my thoughts. It was a whole lot easier when I thought I was completely anonymous out there and people that I had no idea of were the ones reading it. Its easy to be weak or strong or let your feelings show when you think that you won’t ever have to talk about or with them.

But then the flipside of that coin is that I do enjoy that people read my stuff and comment on my posts. I like the comments and the constructive criticism I have received and hopefully will continue to receive. I do enjoy when I can have a meaningful conversation with someone on something I wrote, because they can totally relate or they completely disagree and we have a frank, open discussion where in the end we agree to disagree.

So as 2012 approaches I am going to try and let myself go a bit and blog more often on a range of topics. I am going to try and let some more of the personal stuff out there, but I doubt that I will ever let the blogosphere know who I truly am. Sorry, its just not in my nature, and maybe that’s a good thing. Until then enjoy and be on the look out for new posts and please feel free to comment or talk to me, I would hate for this post to discourage that, even if it does push my comfort level. Being a little uncomfortable can be a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...