Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Feel Like Roger Murtaugh….

I feel like Roger Murtaugh aka Danny Glover from the Lethal Weapon movies. One of his famous lines that he says in every movie is “I’m too old for this shit!”. That is exactly how I feel this morning. I have had a few weekends of heavy drinking with friends. First we had something to celebrate, then last weekend was L Bird’s birthday complete with Sake shots, then last night was the first bonfire of the season, so it has been something every weekend for the last month. So last night when all was said and done I left Captain Insano and Luci at the bonfire around 2:30 AM to head to bed. I was a few sheets to the wind and all I wanted was the bed and sleep. I am out like a light as my head hits the pillow. Perfect. Well perfect until 7 AM when A Bird decided she wanted to get up and came into our bedroom. Then I had to get up and help her find her slinky because that was a huge crisis in her world at 7 o’clock in the morning. So I find it, put The Amazing World of Gumball on the TV and slink off to the bed for another 30 minutes of sleep which doesn’t happen because I am awake now and uncomfortable in the bed. It’s just too damn hot.

I am definitely getting too old to function with only 4 hours of sleep. The majority of our friends don’t have kids so they still have a late night schedule. If they stay out all night, they can sleep all morning if they wanted to with no interruptions. They can leisurely get up and go about their routine without a thousand requests before your eyes are open.

Dad, can you find my slinky?

Dad, can I have some apple juice?

No Dad I said I wanted milk, can I have some milk?

Dad, put Gumball on.

Dad, look what I can do, look look Dad.

I  get her what she needs and drag into the shower and finally just now my head has quit hurting. Yup,I’m definitely too old for all this nonsense. So I’m drying out for awhile, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...