Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

It’s Thanksgiving morning and I have been up since 4 AM, what I am I thankful for…… COFFEE. We have hit a rough patch with the girls sleep schedules recently. A Bird isn’t sleeping well, she keeps waking up with bad dreams and won’t go back to bed unless L Bird takes her. I tried last night at midnight to tuck her back in and she cried hysterically until L Bird got up and came in to tuck her in. She stayed in bed for about another 45 minutes before she was up again because the wind was blowing so hard it was rattling her screen in her window and scaring her. So because she won’t sleep in her room she crams in between L Bird and I and settles in to snore and keep both of us awake. Then Nat who had been sleeping through the night is now waking up twice a night and because A Bird’s bedroom is right across the hall we can’t let Nat cry a little to see if she will put herself back to sleep because that wakes A Bird up then everyone is awake in the middle of the night. This has been going on for a few months now and its wearing everybody thin, L Bird is exhausted because she does the bulk of it because A Bird won’t let me do it and everybody knows if Momma ain’t happy nobodys’ happy.

So this morning I laid awake in bed hoping L Bird and Nat would get a good sleep and that A Bird would stop snoring and remove her elbow from my neck but well that just didn’t pan out so I ended getting up at 6. I let the dog out, brought in firewood, got a fire going in the woodstove gave Nat a little bottle to see if she would sleep a little longer and then sat down to type this.

While going through these mundane everyday chores I thought about Thanksgiving and what it is to be thankful and I realized that I am very very blessed. I am thankful that I found L Bird and she is my wife. I looked long and hard trying to find my perfect match and thought I would never find her until I saw L Bird at Wegmans with baked beans on her shirt, then I knew I found her. I am thankful that she loves me through all my faults. I am thankful for my two girls, we tried so hard to have them and went through 11 rounds of fertility treatments to get them here, yes they are definitely trying at times but I am so thankful that they are in my life. I am thankful for my family, my Mom, my Dad, my step-parents and all of my brothers and  my sister, they made me who I am today. I am thankful for the small group of close friends I have, I know I could call on them and they would come running to help and I hope they know the same is true of me if they were to ever call. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head when so many in this world don’t, I am thankful to be working and have a job where I can be creative and productive. I am thankful for so many more things that they are too much to list here but right now at this very moment I am very thankful for this…

coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...