Friday, August 20, 2010

Aaaaaaaah Routines, how I hate you...

I work four ten hour days during the week, Monday through Thursday 6 AM - 4:30 PM, that means I have to be up and out of the by 5:30. That's my routine. On Fridays I like to try and sleep in until 7:30, I don't think that, that is too much to ask for. Well A Bird has her own routine that interferes with my desire to sleep in. During the week, L Bird has to be to work pretty early, which means she has to get A Bird up early to get her to daycare. So A Bird gets up between 6 - 6:30 AM Monday - Thursday, but unfortunately this morning (Friday) she was still on her routine and I was up at 6:15. Not Cool.

However, after a hot shower and a cup of coffee I was ready to deal with all of the energy A Bird had to dish out. So we started by having pop tarts on the deck. While we were eating on the deck, I shook off what was left of my morning crankiness and took a good look around me and really admired the beauty surrounding me.

SANY0594

SANY0592

SANY0593

Sure, there are toys all over and sure the lawn needs to be cut, but it was quiet and the sun was out. Everything was quiet, and we had a nice conversation about puzzles and princesses. Things were right with the world.

We finished up our breakfast and went inside to take a bath. Normally bath time is at night, but A Bird had gotten a brand new Nemo swimming fish and she had been dying to test it out in the tub. The Nemo was a swimming success, (I know that's an awful pun, but hey I tried), it swam around the tub and bounced off of Barbie, Ariel, Strawberry Shortcake and Sleeping Beauty much to the delight of my little pirate princess, Captain Arrrrrrrrrgh Bird. Once the water went cold 25 minutes later, I finally coaxed her out to do some camping.

A Bird had me pull out her princess tent and put it up in the middle of the living room. Then I had to find her Disney princess sleeping bag and zip it "just right". Apparently just zipping a sleeping bag is not enough for a princess, you have to hold the zipper gently between your thumb and forefinger and then pull the zipper with your pinky up. Next came the pillow and a game of hide and seek with A Bird telling me she was hiding in the sleeping bag but I had to count and then come and find her.

SANY0595

Then it was on to a long discussion about how we can't have a real campfire in the house to roast marshmallows because it would burn the house down. After a bit of whining, and two marshmallows we decided would be best to leave the fires for outdoors.

All of this was done by 8:30 AM, man I love my routine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...