Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday?? Whatever suckas!

So it’s Black Friday today and while millions of people are out there pushing, shoving, and trying to find the best deals, I’m at home in a warm, cozy house with the best deal of all, A Bird. Its been almost an entire month since I went back to working five eight hour days, so this is the first Friday that I have been home with A Bird since the end of October.

A Bird has been pretty excited about Christmas this year and now that Thanksgiving is out of the way, she is all about the Christmas season and that means decorating. L bird told A Bird that today when she gets home from work that she could help her put up the Christmas tree. A Bird is super stoked, so to help take her mind off the tree and get her to quit asking me “When’s Mom coming home? Is Mom here yet?” every five minutes I decided to dig deep back into my childhood and pull out some ideas for Christmas crafts. We have a pretty big craft bin full of odds and ends, so I figured I had everything, and I wouldn’t have to leave the house. Awesome! Let the fun begin….

Oh, but first a few pictures of the A Bird Rocket Ship I had to build this morning:

IMG_2497[1] 

IMG_2498[1]

After she decorated her space ship, we moved on to crafts:

IMG_2501[1]

IMG_2503[1]

Then we moved from the snowman to Santa and Mrs. Claus’ hats:

IMG_2504[1]

IMG_2505[1]

Then we moved to a Christmas Tree:

IMG_2507[1]

We are also working on a star ornament made from popsicle sticks, but I didn’t want to choke down 10 popsicles at once. Lucky for me I have a supply of tongue depressors (insert dirty joke here as to why I have tongue depressors). Now get your minds out of the gutter, I only play a doctor on TV, I had bought them for other crafts, you bunch of sickos. We’ll see how that one turns out, but I figured I didn’t do half bad with her seeing as I have no artistic talent.

So enjoy the rest of your crazed shopper filled mayhem, suckers! I’ll be relaxing and peeling glue and cotton balls from my fingers in the comfort of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...