Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Proper Home

Well, we have had Opie home for a while now. Well, sort of, we have his ashes back home. I can’t bring myself to bury anything, I don’t know if I’ll be in this house forever, so I really can’t imagine moving and leaving one of my family buried in the back yard. I know it sounds weird, but that’s just the way it is. So I had Opie cremated and got his ashes back, with plans of making him a nice little box to rest in on the mantle next to Frisco.

Well, I got his ashes back and for one reason or another I just left him in the container the vet had him in. It is seriously a paw printed cookie tin. It looks like a little tin box that you would get dog biscuits or cookies in. I just couldn’t bring myself to finish the box and transfer Opie over. The pain was still too fresh. When I did it for Frisco, it wasn’t as bad, because Frisco had lived a long life and he had some serious health issues so having him put to sleep was easing his pain. So when I got his ashes back it wasn’t as painful. I guess with Opie it’s just because he was still so young and his life was cut short because of some idiot.

But anyway I finally decided it was time to put Opie in his rightful spot. So I stained the box that I had for him and developed a few pictures to place on the box. This is how it turned out:

SANY0727

SANY0726

I thought it turned out pretty nice, but either way. Opie is sitting in his rightful place on the mantle next to Shrimpboat a.k.a Frisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...