Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Great Hot Water Debacle

So, by now I’m sure EVERYONE has heard me bitch about the hot water heater and the nice big leak in the hot water pipe that we found after the hot water heater. Well, here are just a few photos of the repair, just so you can see the mess I was left with.

SANY0921

My Brother getting into the floor with the sawsall. Look at how wet it was under the laminate.

SANY0922

SANY0924

Can you see the problem? I couldn’t either until I turned the water supply to the water heater on and then water from one of the connections shot up and out of the hole.

SANY0925

That nasty connection was the culprit.  If you look real close you can see some kind of sealant (the goopy dark yellow stuff) that someone tried to “fix the leak” with. Yeah, it worked out real well.

SANY0923

PVC with red shuts offs (at the top) behind the drywall. Nice

SANY0928

New PEX connections to the washer.

SANY0931

New hot and cold PEX lines. It is awesome how flexible and great this stuff is to work with.

SANY0927

Thanks to all of my brother’s hard work, I have a new hot water heater installed, new hot and cold water lines from the crawl space to the laundry room, new hot and cold water lines to the hot water heater and the washer, but most importantly I have HOT WATER again.

I’ll never take that for granted again. A Nice hot shower seems to cure just about everything. Thanks again to my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...