Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Be Still…

Today was a crazy day, I went to work, then had to leave early to take A Bird to the doctor’s for a pretty crazy rash, then I went back to work for the rest of the day. After work I went grocery shopping while L Bird picked up A Bird from daycare. It wasn’t until I was on my way home that I saw it.

I was following an old beat up VW and I could barely make it out, but it was there. It was a bumper sticker that said “Be Still”. That was it, just a beat up bumper sticker on a beat up car but it made perfect sense to me. Everyone needs time to be still.

Just slow down and watch the world go by. Be alone and let your thoughts swim in your mind. I love to sit on the back deck as the sun goes down and just let the sounds of dusk play in my head. Or sometimes I love to take in the night sky and all of its stillness. Normally it only happens when Roxy wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out. At first I am pretty cranky because I have to get out of a warm bed and go out into the dark just to let the dog out. But then as she makes her way through the dark to find a good spot, I sit in my favorite spot on the deck and look up at the stars and listen to the sounds of night and be still. As far as the world knows, I’m not out there so I can sink into the stillness of the night.

But anyway I just thought I would share a little…

Be Still

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...