Thursday, May 5, 2011

School District Stressing…

So I am so completely stressing out about A Bird going to school. A Bird just turned four so she has a year and a half until she enrolls into kindergarten, but I am so anxious and nervous about the whole deal.
What bothers me most is that the school district has is going through a realignment so now A Bird will be going to a school that is even further away. The school that she would have been going to would’ve been only four miles from our house, but now with the realignment, kindergarten through second grade will be at another campus that is further away and the third through fifth grade will be at the original elementary school. But what I don’t like the most is that there will be only one bus run. So K-12 will be on one bus, yep that’s right A Bird will be on the bus with everyone up to seniors. Sure, they will keep the little kids to the front of the bus and the older kids naturally gravitate towards the back, but voices carry and I know what I learned on the bus and that is definitely not what I want A Bird to learn. I know, I know she will  learn it anyways on the bus, but I don’t want her exposed to those things until she’s older. Then to make matters worse, the bus run would drop the middle/high schoolers off first, then A Bird would have to get off the bus and find a second transfer bus to get to the elementary school. So now she gets off the first bus, what happens if she can’t find the right bus and goes to the wrong school or gets left at the high school. I don’t know I’m just stressing out.
Then on top of that we will have to find a new daycare. A Bird’s daycare provider is in the next district over, so she can’t get on the bus over there. That is probably causing me just as much stress. A Bird’s daycare is great and both she and us feel completely comfortable with Krista. That is a huge plus, because before we found Krista, the daycare that A Bird went to was horrible. They just let her cry all day until she exhausted herself and fell asleep, but when I would pick her up they would look me in the face and lie straight to me and tell me how perfect she was. The only reason we found out something was amiss was when that daycare abruptly kicked A Bird out (“they had a brother and sister that needed the opening”.). So we found Krista and she called the other daycare and asked them about A Bird because she was the new provider, and then this horrible woman confided how A Bird just cried and they basically neglected her. It seriously almost came to something horrible as L Bird and I were fit to be tied. So anyway now we know how lucky we are to have such a great provider.
Then on top of all that, all of A Bird’s friends are at this daycare and they are all around the same age so they would be riding the bus together and possibly in the same class. So we will have to find a new daycare, she’ll have to make new friends and then brave the bus alone. That whole equation makes my head and heart hurt. The whole reason we moved to where we live is because I grew up in this town and went to this school district. I love it here, its quiet, we have good neighbors, and it’s a good school district, or well it was I guess I should say until they decided on this realignment.
I’m just stressed and venting. What do you think? Am I blowing this whole thing out of proportion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...