Sunday, February 26, 2012

Guns, Needles, & Jugs…. Crazy!

It has been a crazy busy week full of guns, acupuncture needles, and old jugs and not the kind you find on old ladies.

Around the end of last year I got my pistol permit. I wanted to get a pistol for the personal and home protection. So after a few trips to numerous gun shops, I finally settled in on a Glock 19 Gen III 9 mm. But before I loaded it and headed off to the range I knew that I wanted to have some training first. That led me to a two night basic handgun safety and training course that Seneca Guns Sports was putting on in Watkins Glen. So Monday and Tuesday I drove all the way down to Watkins Glen for the class from 6-9 pm.

The class was actually a really good class with tons of hands on training and heavy on safety. The best part of the class was the guy who was putting it on brought in 20-25 guns ranging from palm sized .22 derringers to full sized 9 mms to a 50 cal revolver with a leupold scope that he uses “to hunt deer”. He had numerous revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. He laid them all out on the table and everybody came up to the table and picked a gun then went through everything from loading and unloading to take downs of each gun. So I handled a ton of guns for about an hour. It was awesome!

So the gun course killed two days of the week, and it was on to round 2. A friend from work mentioned that she was having acupuncture to help her quit smoking. I told her I had seen stuff at the fertility center about an acupuncturist that did it for male infertility and I had thought about it. She said that the acupuncturist that she sees also does treatment for male infertility and was local. So I sucked it up and called and made an appointment. I am not sold on the whole “eastern medicine” scene, but hell anything is worth a shot right.

After the initial interview process the acupuncturist says she can give me a treatment regime to try and treat my fertility issues and asks if I am ready to start. I agree and she leads me back to the room with the table. I hop up on the table not knowing what  to expect, and she tells me that I can leave my clothes on just roll up my jeans to just above the knee and pull up my shirt to expose my belly. Ok cool I can handle this. Then she starts with the needles, which are actually pretty painless. I get stuck with 25 the first time. She puts one in the top of my head, about 6 around my ankles and arches of my feet, two in each knee and the the rest below my navel. I was not ready for that part, I figured that she would just stick them in my abdomen, well she did but it was just the lower lower abdomen. I folding my boxers down low and proceeded to start popping needles from just below my belly button to about an inch above the base of my junk. It didn’t hurt but it was a little more personal/close to my stuff than I had imagined and I think it moved a little. I don’t know if it was supposed too but it did.

So she gets all of the needles in, turns on the good old pan flute music and tells me to relax and she would be back in 15 minutes. No problem, I lay back and relax. It was pretty peaceful. She comes back and removes all of the needles and flips me onto my stomach and repeats the process on my back with about 10 needles. Relax for another 10 minutes and bang I’m done. I go back this Friday for session 2. So we’ll see how this goes, I am hoping it helps.

Thursday and Friday go pretty well and the came Saturday. Auction day. Captain Insano and I normally hit the auction at least once a month, sometimes more. The auction was glorious in its funk and Margaret the auctioneer was pulling out all the stops. We ended up sitting next Pickle Barrel, there is a reason we call him Pickle Barrel but that’s a whole other story. So the auction is going and Pickle Barrel turns out to be a chatty kathy. He is just a mile a minute about CAT diesel equipment and banty rooster cookie jars. Yeah, he’s an interesting fella. In between these bits of conversation, I managed to win a nice set of jugs. Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. Sure they were a little mismatched in size but even different sized jugs are still a great thing to have.

So what do you do when you have a great set of jugs??

jug band

Start a jug band!!! Yep, there we are practicing around midnight after getting back from the auction.

So that’s it folks, its been a crazy week and tomorrow starts a new one. So let’s go….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...