Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So I got a switchblade… A MicroTouch Switchblade

I am going to step out of the norm here and do something I don’t normally do and review a product. I get emails all the time recruiting bloggers to review their products and most of the time I pass because it isn’t my thing and that’s not what this blog is about, but I did see a couple of products that I would actually use and give an honest review so I decided what the hell I can review this, so here is the first of three reviews then its back to the basics of whatever the hell genre of blogging that I fall into. Anyway, here we go.

So I am a pretty hairy guy, my hair used to be thick when I let it grow on my head but now that I shave my head I notice how thick and quickly my hair grows on my goatee, ears and my grandiose caterpillar eyebrows so when I got a chance to review a personal groomer I thought that was right up my alley, so I signed up. A couple of weeks later this showed up.

switchblade2

The MicroTouch Switchblade All-in-One Groomer. Now I have to admit that I was a little put off by the bright orange “As seen on TV” label, it instantly brought images of late night infomercials with guys with bad hair hawking their lousy wares but once I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised.

It unpacked into the 6 pieces it claims, the groomer/trimmer, 4 guides for eyebrows, mustaches/goatees, hair and of course that tiny little brush for sweeping out the trimmer of all your unwanted clipped hair… gross!

switchblade1

So now was the time to put it to the test. The small trimmer on the right in the picture above has a tiny light on it so it illuminates the hair you are trimming. It worked flawlessly on the hair on my ears and nose hair. I used one of the smaller guides and trimmed my eyebrows to the length I like. So far so good.

I switched the guide to a little longer length and moved to my goatee and nothing. BOOOO! I have a pretty thick and wiry goatee and the guide was just not going through it. After a few unsuccessful attempts I ended up having to switch back to the clippers with a short guide to get my goatee cut. I don’t know if it may work better for guys with thinner hair but using it on my goatee didn’t cut it for me.

Now on to some other “manscaping”, the “machismo” (chest hair) is strong with this one. My chest hair is fierce, bold and strong when unchallenged. It routinely advances its front line over the top of collar and will continue its march to a rocking neck beard if I don’t keep it in check. Here is where the larger trimmer comes into play. The orange section on the lower left of the trimmer picture above slides over to reveal a larger trimmer. The large trimmer worked fantastic at mowing down the unwanted curls that were threatening to overtake my neck.

Overall I think that this is a decent personal groomer, it has the two blades for intricate grooming as well as the larger trimmer for larger jobs like chests and backs. If I saw this in the store I would have no problem paying $15-20 bucks for it. It does what it is supposed to do and does a pretty decent job at it minus goatee grooming.

So what do you think? Would you buy one of these? Do you own one? Tell me your thoughts….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...