Friday, October 29, 2010

Flipping The Bird

Well, not really. It’s more like A Bird doing flips. I know it’s a devious title, right? You were all probably like what’s ol’ Naps all pissed about now. I know, I know I’m a cranky sombitch, but whatever, if you don’t like it, go piss up a rope. But anyway, now that I have gotten my ceremonial bitching out of the way, its on to this post.
So we signed A Bird up for gymnastics at the YMCA. There are a lot of reasons for it, but the main reasons are she has a crap ton of energy, she’s crazy, and I taught her how to do a somersault like a month ago and she has been doing them like everyday. She has actually gotten so good at them that she does them with no hands. She just bends forward and flips. But we also thought it would be good for her to get into and activity to socialize with other kids and be in a “class” setting where she has to listen to a “teacher”. But really, she has way too much energy and is crazy. What you don’t believe me? Let me present Exhibit A:
Crazy A Bird
Yep, that is her running back and forth from the kitchen to the living room chasing a fictitious fly. She is just running and running and then stops and does a somersault at the request of L Bird. The evidence is all there, she’s crazy.
But anyway, we went on to Gymnastics class. It was a very small class, I’m not sure if everyone else just didn’t show up or it really is just a small class. It is the instructor, A Bird, and two other girls.
First they all warmed up by stretching:
SANY0692
I apologize for the blurriness, we were having camera issues that night.
Then they walked the balance beam:
SANY0696
They did A Bird’s flips on a declined mat:
SANY0695
SANY0693
And A Bird’s new favorite the “bar swing”:
SANY0694
So all of this was done along with a lot of running, jumping, hula hooping, sliding down various gym mats in a half an hour. On another note, it took a little longer than I thought for the instructor to lose complete control and have 3 crazy little girls just running rampant through the gym. But she did manage to reign them in and show them all of the things above.
Overall, it was a great night and A Bird had fun and is super excited to go next week, which is the number one reason we signed her up. And as an added plus for me was she was all tired out and went to bed with a smile because she was exhausted. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...