Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Getaway -- Grime's Glen

I feel that everyone needs to break free of the stress of their everyday life every once in awhile. Just a place that's your place to go to re-center your frame of mind, even if its only for a few minutes. One of my favorite getaways is Grimes Glen in Naples, NY. It is just a little park that is situated right on Naples Creek and for a long time it was an undiscovered gem that only the locals knew about. I grew up going there and hiking up the creek, as I got older I would go there to get away from everything for awhile. Now it is a little more well known, the state came in, took it over and turned it into a "state park", but it is still a great place to go to get away from life for a day. I try to take my lunch breaks down there when I'm stressing out.

So because it is a such a great little place, I figured I would share a few of my photos with you.

2nd falls bw  The second set of falls in B&W

IMG_0884  Another set of falls (That's just the top 20 ft)

Stairs bw Stone steps

pillars2 forest Tent Caterpillars

Log bw crop 

Log2 bw crop

So if you every find yourself in the heart of the Finger Lakes, take the time to find this treasure, it is definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...