Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sooooooo how did I get here??

It definitely has been a long strange trip for me to enter the blogging world, which I won't bore you with, but I will hit the bullet points quickly. I have always loved writing and have toyed with writing a book loosely based on my life/misadventures, or even writing children's books, but like many of us self doubt has put those ideas on the back burner. But I have continued to jot down thoughts and ideas in a book someplace, just to get them off my chest or to see how they look when actually put to paper, and I realized that blogging is essentially the same thing.

So with that brilliant, unremarkable discovery I decided that I would create a blog. My first attempt was a weight loss/work out blog which I quickly lost interest in. It turns out that I like beer more than I like working out which leads me to my next point. My "workout" blog quickly transformed into the beer blog that I have and am still currently writing. If interested the links are to the right of this post or just click here. So for seven months now I have been toiling away writing about one of my passions, BEER! Now, I'm not an alcoholic, well maybe a little, but anyway I just really dig beer. I brew in my spare time, I review beers, and I try to hit as many brewery tours as I can. But in all of this blogging about beer and the blog's dedication to that liquid gold, I always feel like I can't post about anything other than beer.

That's where this blog comes into play. I figure, hell with seven months of blogging under my belt I can handle writing two blogs. So I will continue writing the beer blog and use this blog to write/document everything else in my life that doesn't have anything to do with beer.

Hopefully that wasn't too long winded for you, but that is basically how I got here. Without further ado, on to the next post........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...