Friday, September 17, 2010

Fridays with A - Bird......

Well, I've had it really lucky for the last year and a half. I have been able to have Fridays off and spend them with just A Bird. The winery I work for went to four ten hour days in June '09, so since then I have been working Monday through Thursday and spending every Friday with A Bird. It has been great bonding time for us and we do a variety of different things from going grocery shopping to going to the zoo, but unfortunately our Fridays are drawing to an end. My winery is being consolidated into another larger location, so I am going back to five eight hour days sometime before the end of the year. I am grateful to keep my job, but am upset at losing my special Daddy/Daughter time.

Now I'll have to squeeze our time in on the weekends that always seem cram packed already. It will be fine, I'll be home 2 hours sooner every afternoon so I'll make  up some of my time before L Bird gets home. I'm sure it will work out fine, but it still just sucks.

I mean Fridays are the days where I'm cool and I do cool things like rescue Strawberry Shortcake's lemon scented girlfriend from birdhouses.

SBSC SBSC2

Or I find all of the incredibly small doll clothes that have been lost and dress whatever Disney Princesses is nude at the time.

SANY0632

I mean c'mon look at how tiny that doll is in my big meat hook. It takes quite a bit for me to manipulate my fingers around the clothes and actually get them on to A Bird's specifications. But even with that mild frustration, I am still going to miss my Fridays.

Well, I'm off to find Ariel's pink dress (a,k,a her bath time dress) so A Bird can take a bath and I can get soaked from all the bubbles and splashes. Yup, I'm going to miss this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...