Friday, September 3, 2010

Odd Find

The other day I was on my lunch break, and I decided to go to a couple of cemeteries. My Grandmother is buried in a one on my way to work and my other Grandparents and Great Aunt is buried in the cemetery around the corner from where I work. I drive by them quite a bit and I always feel guilty because I rarely stop to pay my respects. I stopped at both cemeteries, made the way to headstones and made my peace.

I find myself really at peace in these cemeteries. Its always so quiet and peaceful, there is rarely anyone other than me there any time I stop. So I can take my time and enjoy my moments remembering my Grandparents. I also really enjoy the architecture of the cemeteries. They both are very, very old, so they have a ton of great things to look at. I especially like the look of the mausoleum.

IMG_2440

IMG_2441

IMG_2443

So as you can see from above, I stopped to take a few pictures on my way out. I especially like the last picture, that is the covered entrance to the mausoleum, but to me it really looks like the tunnel to the "other side" with the headstones in the background.

Then finally, my lunch was over and it was time to head back to work. I got to the entrance of the cemetery and as I was waiting for traffic to move so I could pull out, I spotted this:

IMG_2444

I thought that this was a really interesting business opportunity that someone had seized. I actually think it would be really cool to ride on a horse drawn carriage and take a tour of the cemetery. To hear the history behind the cemetery and some of the more noted families in it, just sounds awesome. So who knows I may give them a call for next Thursday and set up a tour, if I do I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...