Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The "Special Men" Test

Last week I had a doctor's appointment for a lump on my jawbone, but I figured as long as I was at the Dr's office I would try to cram a bunch of other stuff in. So I got a flu shot and after some other conversation I got this:

SANY0637

This is my "Special Men" / specimen cup for my "fertility" sample. My wife and I originally had to go through fertility treatments to try and have A Bird, and I was the main reason. So we have been starting to try to have another baby, so I figured I should request this test just to get a baseline and see where my count was and if it had changed.

I was originally going to "take my test" last Wednesday, but couldn't miss the time from work, so I have been putting it off until tomorrow. It is always an uncomfortable experience because of the rules of how to "take the test" and the fact that I have to have it to the lab within 30 minutes.

So I haven't been really putting a lot of thought into it because its kind of a pain in the ass, but then I was walking past my boss's office to hear that one of my peers' wife was pregnant with their 3rd child. That kind knocked the wind out of me, that news just kind of punched me in the gut. I am super happy for him, he is a great guy and I respect him and his work which is a rarity for me, but I definitely felt the sharp pang of jealousy.

So after today's news, it just strengthens my resolve to take my "test" and hope for the best. Tomorrows the day, hopefully I'll get an A with lots and lots of straight swimmers and not the D - I usually get.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...