Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The 3 Foot Bandit Strikes Again

All units be on the lookout for the 3 ft Bandit, she is three feet tall, blond hair, blue eyes and has a devilish smile. That’s right the 3 ft bandit struck again. This morning at work, I walked down to the vending machines and was looking over everything trying to decide what treat I was going to buy and then came to the realization I had no money. My pockets were empty, no bills, no change nothing but I had failed to remember that this morning when I was getting ready for work. Yesterday, I know I had two $1 bills and some change, and I know I didn’t lose it, so the only other explanation is that I was robbed, AGAIN!


You see, A Bird has a piggy bank and has found a new very strong interest in money. I normally give her my change and she gleefully snatches it from my hand and immediately runs to her jar and puts it in to save it. Then she guards her special “treasure” like a pirate, she takes it over to her Disney Princess chest and buries it under her dress up clothes, shuts the lid and fastens the latch so no one can get to it.

However, as of late A Bird has proven herself a very adept thief and any money left out in the open is fair game. Every night my routine is: I come home, I take off my hat and place it upside down on the corner of the counter, then I empty my pockets into it. So it contains my pocket knife, a USB drive, and any money I have in my pockets, then it sits there until the next morning when I get ready for work and put everything back into my pockets.

Most days, everything is fine and all the contents stay in my pockets until the next morning. However, some days I’ll get ready and realize that I’m missing change or a couple of bills or on some occasions this brazen rogue steals everything. A Bird is very crafty in her choosing of what and when to take anything. I was first alerted to her pilfering when I “lost” $40. I was going crazy looking for it, when I noticed that A Bird’s step stool was positioned right in front of the counter. When she wasn’t looking, I dug up her buried treasure from the princess chest to find my $40 sitting nicely on the top of her jar of cash. So we had a little talk about taking things that don’t belong to her and I told her she could take any coins she found but had to ask before taking any paper money.

Since then there have been a few incidents but she normally asks me before taking any money, but it seems that she struck again last night because I was penniless this morning. The 3 ft bandit struck again. So I went hungry this morning, but she probably saved me from eating junk from the machine. Besides, how can you stay mad at this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...