Friday, February 25, 2011

I wish I was cooler...

Man, sometimes I wish I was cooler. I read a lot of blogs and it seems that people are always doing interesting stuff. Then I sit there and wonder how they have the time or energy to do some of these things and why can’t I think of something like that or be that cool.


There are two blogs that I read pretty consistently, the first of which is Bill's Brew-B-Que. Now this guy has taken beer reviews to another level. He and his friend review beers candidly and openly while on film. They then upload to youtube and have their own little beer television network. That is just an amazing idea and they both obviously have the knowledge and love for the craft that it shows through in their posts. I would love to do something like that but don’t have the stones to try.

The other blog is Aesthetic Outburst by a woman named Abbey that lives in upstate New York actually not too far from us. Now this is probably not the typical blog you would associate with me, but I find her and her posts fascinating. A lot of her posts are about her house and kids, and I am in awe that she can keep her house so immaculate and her style showing through with two toddlers in the house. I have an inner “artsy” side and I dig a lot of what she does, plus it gives me inspiration for things to do with A Bird.

The fact that these two bloggers can find things that are very interesting to post about on a regular basis is amazing to me. I find myself wishing to be cooler and more interesting, but the confines of daily life seem restrictive to this. I leave early for work every day, work all day, then pick up A Bird, rush home, let the dogs out, check for eggs from the girls, then frantically start dinner. By the time dinner is finished, I normally have about 2 hours with A Bird to hang out and play before she has to go to bed. Then once she goes to bed I only get another 2 hours to hang out with L Bird, catch up with her and possibly squeeze in some TV before I sack out and start the cycle all over the next day. This is my life and I love it, but I wish I had more time to do more interesting things. More time to expose A Bird to new experiences, more time to spend quality time with L Bird, just more time to find cool things to do and then have the luxury to go do them.

Because of this I am slowly notching out time to go and find new adventures, new cool things to do, to spend the quality time with my ladies. It’s definitely a struggle to designate time for this but it needs to be done. I don’t want to keep getting caught up in the details, I want to experience life and really enjoy it, at least when I can.

So kudos to Bill from Bill's Brew-B-Que and Abbey from Aesthetic Outburst for inspiring me on a regular basis, who knows maybe one day I’ll be cooler too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...