Friday, February 4, 2011

Water Cures The Sick

OK, OK water doesn’t cure the sick but it definitely helps you feel a hell of a lot better. Unfortunately for us, we have been fighting the flu or some other sort of pestilence since about Tuesday.

It all started Tuesday night, A Bird seemed a little out of it, so we took her temperature and of course she was running a fever. She has been spiking fevers on and off through the week and still now today. L Bird is a little off and feeling run down too, then yesterday I felt like I was going to puke all day and when I got home from work, I had fever and chills. So it’s been a rough few days.

But back to this post’s title, through the last couple of days baths and hot showers have been the only thing that are easing the symptoms for any of us. I have put A Bird in the shower or the bath numerous times this week, and it is the only time she has acted like her normal crazy self. It must make her feel better, because she actually forgets she is sick and she smiles and plays with her toys.

I think she gets this from me. Every time I feel sick, the first place I head is to the shower. I’ll turn on the water and get it nice and hot, then I’ll sit down in the tub and let the hot water just pour down on my stomach. For some reason this always helps me feel better. I’ll alternate the water between hot and cold until I feel like I’m not going to get sick anymore then I get out and I feel better. I don’t know why it works, I just know it does.

So in my book, the shower/bathtub is a savior when we are sick. Well, I have to run, we are having a bath time tea party and my cup just finished being brewed. Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...