Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Author’s Note

Well, not exactly, but anyway ever since I was a kid I have been a voracious reader. I have and will read just about anything. I have said in the past that my two favorite genres are True Crime and anything Sci-Fi, but if there is nothing else I will read anything. I have read westerns by Louis L’amour, horror by Stephen King and I hate to admit but those smutty old harlequin romance novels that I lifted off my Great Aunt Gin.

As a kid I always had a million things I wanted to be when I grew up, and being an Author was one of them. I used to write numerous short stories.I always hated English class in school, but I would love when we got assigned essays about anything we wanted. As I grew older I continued to write short stories and had dreams of maybe becoming published. I still dream about that sometimes, but I doubt that my writing is that good to be published.

As it is now, I probably have two or three starts to stories I wanted to write. But it seems like I never finish them. I will get a few chapters in then lose steam. I start thinking that what I am writing isn’t that interesting and is probably only interesting to me. I get self conscious about how people view what I write, and I decide it’s better to keep my ideas and thoughts to myself,and so I never finish writing anything.

However, I am slowly more confident in my work, so I am writing a little more and more. So who knows, maybe someday I’ll post a snippet up here. We’ll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...