Sunday, October 9, 2011

Apple Pickin’…

This week has been a true Harvest Summer, it has been in the 70’s & 80’s all week and just plain beautiful outside. We have had plans with my Pop to go apple picking this past Saturday so the weather was awesome.

We had a little miscommunication on when and where we were meeting, but when we finally figured it out everyone showed up. My Pop, Jan, my brother Zach, my sister Kali and her new boyfriend, plus us. It was definitely a full house. We all got our bags ands waited for the wagon. One of the best parts about apple picking is waiting for the tractor to come around with its long flat bed wagon and having everyone pile on to ride out to the rows that are ripe for picking.

They dropped us off and we got to picking. L Bird, A Bird and I picked 38 pounds of Macouns, Cortlands, and Empires. We always go overboard on apples for some reason. It never seems like we have enough until we are back at the storefront weighing them at the register.

While we were picking we snapped a few pictures, but A Bird was antsy and didn’t really want to stand still long enough to get many good pictures.

IMG_2588 

IMG_2593

When we finished picking we rode the wagon back down to the store and A Bird got a special surprise. They had pony rides, she was super excited.

IMG_2595

IMG_2597

IMG_2596

She looked like a natural, like she had been riding for years. If I ever get my dream of owning a small farm, I guess I’ll have to get a couple of horses.

Yesterday was a great way to spend one of the last warm days of summer. Now to start dealing with all of those apples. Apples for lunch, apple crisp, apple pies…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...