Friday, October 21, 2011

The Things You Do For Your Kids…

This afternoon I did something I would never have thought I would do. I made doll diapers. yes, that’s right I made diapers for a doll.

It all started with this:

SANY1234

A crisis, A Bird’s new baby, “Baby Poof  Poof” had worn out her diaper. You see Baby Poof Poof is one of those babies that you give water and they wet themselves. So as any kid would do, A bird filled her so full of water that the provided plastic diaper was soon destroyed.

So you see, this really is the problem. Yep, that’s the business end of Baby Poof Poof.

SANY1235

Because there have been no diapers for awhile, A Bird hasn’t been able to “feed” her baby and has been asking L Bird and I if either of us knew how to make a diaper. Finally,  I felt guilty because she has been playing with this baby non-stop and she couldn’t feed it that today I ran to Michael’s Crafts for supplies.

I am a grown man, I could figure out how to make a diaper, right? Of course, right. It just took me about a half hour of wandering the aisles to find what I needed.

SANY1236

A sheet of felt and some stick on velcro, yeah that would do the trick. So here’s how the process went:

Cut the felt to, “diaper” shape

SANY1237

Stick on the velcro. It took a few tries to figure out that one part of the velcro had to go on one side of the diaper and the other part had to go on the opposite side.

SANY1238

Then put on the doll in the diaper.

SANY1239

I know it’s not the prettiest thing, but it will work. I know felt isn’t the most absorbent either, but at least when it gets wet, you can take it off and air dry it.

OK, I’m off to manufacture a few more,so A Bird has a few to spare. Good luck in any task you take on. If I can make a doll’s diapers, you can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...